GREATER ECHO PARK ELYSIAN
PLANNING, PUBLIC WORKS, PARKS
& LAND USE COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 7:00 p.m.
St. Paul Cathedral Center
840 N. Echo Park Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90026
A. ADMINISTRATIVE ITEMS:
(1) Call to Order
(2) Roll Call – Committee Members
(3) Adoption of Committee Meeting Minutes
B. PUBLIC COMMENT ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS**:
Comments from the public on non-agenda items within the Committee’s jurisdiction. Two minutes per speaker.
(1) Chair, (2) Vice Chair, (3) Committee Members, (4) City Departments or Agencies
D. MOTIONS & RESOLUTIONS (Discussion Items/Possible Committee Action):
Items continued from the July Agenda
(1) Discussion and/or Possible Action on updates of various commercial and/or housing neighborhood projects and developments.
(2) Discussion and/or Possible Action on request for committee to discuss items related to community improvements in the neighborhood, including addressing sidewalk improvements and additional stop sign placements.
Items for the August Agenda
(3) Discussion and/or Possible Action on request for the committee to recommend the Board of Governors approve a condition/policy for local developments of $ 5 million dollars or greater to hire 10% of their workforce from local residents and to purchase goods and services for the development from local businesses.
(4) Discussion and/or Possible Action on request for a Conditional Use to permit the sale and dispensing of beer and wine only for on-site consumption, in conjunction with a new 1,678 sq. ft. restaurant located at 1325 N. Echo Park Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90026, seating 39 inside and 24 outside in a 363 sq. ft. patio area located wholly within the property line and having hours of operation from 7:00 am – 2:00 am Tuesday through Saturday and 7:00 am – 12:00 am Sunday and Monday. (ZA 2011-2054)
(5) Discussion and/or Possible Action relative to neighborhood planning, public works, parks and land use items.
E. FUTURE COMMITTEE AGENDA ITEMS
** Time allocations for agenda items are approximate and may be shortened or lengthened at the discretion of the Chairperson.